Re: issuing commands via shell to daemonised instance ?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: issuing commands via shell to daemonised instance ?
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 12:13:29 +0200

Hello,

the CLI commands work well for daemon mode Monit, you need to:

1.) have monit http interface enabled (as it is used by monit CLI to pass commands to monit daemon) ... you already have this per your curl example

2.) allow access to localhost ... you already have this per your curl example

3.) if you use PAM (as you probably do with LDAP authentication), you need to add one "allow user:password" to monit configuration file. The monit CLI reads the configuration file and gets credentials which are used to connect to daemon from it (the daemon and CLI share the same configuration). The configuration file is protected by 0600 mode so only owner can read it (monit enforces the mode to protect the passwords and if it doesn't match, it refuses to start).