Re: Unable to monitor sites behind http-basic-auth with monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Unable to monitor sites behind http-basic-auth with monit
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 00:04:07 +0200

Hi,

the configuration looks OK. If you test the exact URL used by monit in browser, do you get to the site? The problem could be related to the use of IP address in the testing URL vs. http configuration which may drop you to the default host - if you use IP address it will also appear in the Host header in http request ... that combined with name based virtual servers in http configuration which may redirect the testing request to different site.

1.) run monit in verbose mode (using -vI options) and send output
2.) attach network trace if the communication between monit and tested http server with the testing problem