Re: Question about reminder...

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: Question about reminder...
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 23:13:25 +0200

Hi,

yes, you can set the alert target and reminder option globally - just put 'set alert ...' statement before the service checks.

Example:

--8<--
  set alert address@hidden with reminder on 10 cycles

  check process ...
--8<--

On Jul 30, 2010, at 5:54 PM, Andy Scutt wrote:

Hi,

I'm just evaluating m/monit for a possible rollout in my employers datacentre and I can't get part of the alerting to work.  I hope you can help :)

How does the reminder keyword work in the m/monit context? I only seem able to use reminder if I have an actual email in the alert section of a service, for example, I want to do this:
----
check host 2e2_Reading_Application_Server_VLAN with address 192.168.40.123
  if failed icmp type echo count 5 with timeout 15 seconds then alert with reminder on 1 cycle
----
but monit won't let me. I can only do it if I set an email address in each check.

Surely I must be able to set reminder as a system wide setting somewhere?

Many thanks
Andy

  Andy Scutt
Jobpartners - The People Relationship Management Company
VP System Operations
System Operations
Direct phone line:  +44 2088340400
Fax:  +44 2088340404