[monit] Monit 5.1.1 not starting after upgrade (syntax rule changes?)

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: [monit] Monit 5.1.1 not starting after upgrade (syntax rule changes?)
Date: Tue, 11 May 2010 14:42:16 +0200

Hi,

today I upgraded from Monit 5.0.3 to 5.1.1 on Gentoo Linux. Monit
doesn't start (nothing's logged to the syslog facility except the
message from the start-stop-daemon).

Running monit manually shows:
"Error: service name conflict, nietzsche already defined '55100'".
(55100 is /not/ already defined).

Commenting this out, results in another error from the same host check
definition, until finally: "Error: service name conflict, nietzsche
already defined 'nts-vfirewall1'"

>From my point of view it looks that the new Monit cannot handle multiple
definitions for the same DNS name. The hosts are natted (port
forwarding) behind a firewall, so they can only be reached over the
firewall.

Thorsten
##################
check host windows2003r2