Re: [monit] monit not honoring ulimit -a setting

From: Mike Oliveras
Subject: Re: [monit] monit not honoring ulimit -a setting
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 10:09:23 -0400

I'll look into that.

Thanks for the information, much appreciated.

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 8:30 AM, <address@hidden> wrote:
The setting is not controlled by monit. The limits.conf setting is PAM related - monit starts as system service and there's no session => the limits.conf is not evaluated.
If you want to rise the filedescriptors limit, you can create monit startup script which will first set the ulimit and then start monit.

limits.conf manual page excerpt:
--8<--
Also, please note that all limit settings are set per login. They are not global, nor are they permanent; existing only for the duration of the session.
--8<--

Regards,
M/Monit support