Re: [monit] monitor sub process socket

From: M/Monit support
Subject: Re: [monit] monitor sub process socket
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:34:50 +0200

Hello,

the unixsocket can be added to existing tests:

  check process httpd ...
    # ... some existing tests start/stop program, etc.
    if failed unixsocket /etc/lighttpd/sockets/rt.socket then restart

You can also check content of the webpage with regular expression
(http://www.mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#connection_testing_using_the_url_notation)

  if failed url http://user:address@hidden:8080/?querystring and content ==
'action="j_security_check"' then restart

Best regards,
M/Monit support