Re: [monit] how to restart a second process when a monitored process die

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] how to restart a second process when a monitored process dies?
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 23:57:01 +0200

Hi,

you can use service dependencies - see monit manual for more details:

http://mmonit.com/monit/documentation/monit.html#dependencies

example:

--8<--
  check process a ...

  check process b ...
    depends on a
--8<--

On Mar 24, 2010, at 2:16 PM, Weikai Xie wrote:

Hi,
   I have two legacy daemon programs, A and B. There are some special requirements on their start sequence.
   1) A should be started before B.
   2) Whenever you need to restart B, you have to restart A as well. Otherwise the new B process can not work correctly with the existing A.

   I'm using Monit to monitor B, but I don't know how to configure Monit such that whenever it find B is dead, it will restart A before it tries to start B. Any suggestion? Thanks.

Regards.

Weikai Xie