[monit] monitor sub process socket

From: Mark Olliver
Subject: [monit] monitor sub process socket
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:19:12 +0000

Hi,

We are running lighttpd via monit, it in turn runs a mason handler via
sockets for RT to work. We have the normal checks in Monit that if httpd
is done it will restart howerver, is the socket connection here goes
down or mason becomes a defunct process, then monit also needs to tell
httpd to restart. How can i get it to monitor that?

the socket is here:
/etc/lighttpd/sockets/rt.socket

or it could check for a 500 error on a sub webpage test.com/rt which
would also show the service as down. I am just unsure of how to add that
check to the existing httpd service checks.

Thanks
Mark

Mark Olliver BSc (Hons) MBCS CITP
Thermeon (System Admin)
Russ Hill Farm, Russ Hill, Charlwood, RH6 0EL, UK
+44 1293 864 300