Re: [monit] Process without pidfile - cannot script

From: Adam Nielsen
Subject: Re: [monit] Process without pidfile - cannot script
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 10:36:55 +1000

yes, monit requires pidfile ... you can still watch the parent
process of smbd childs - the 'totalcpu' and 'totalmem' allows to
react to total cpu and memory usage of all smbd's sub-processes, the
'children' statement allows to check sub-processes count.

Ah ok, unfortunately that's not going to work too well as I don't want to boot off all 50 users when only one has a problem.

Is there any way I can say "only do it between 2am and 3am"?

Thanks,
Adam.