Re: [monit] check process restart not start?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] check process restart not start?
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 22:41:30 +0100

On Mar 11, 2010, at 10:35 PM, Tim Howe wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 21:47:13 +0100
> Martin Pala <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> yes, both start&stop programs are needed for automatic restart action.
>
>       Well, yeah, I figured that out.  My point is that the examples and
> documentation state otherwise.

Documentation fixed, thanks for report.

The next release will allow to override default restart action if process
doesn't exist, so it will be possible to have start method only:

  check process foo with pidfile /var/run/foo.pid
     start program = "..."
     if failed existence then start     # (default is restart)