[monit] if then else

From: Nick Upson
Subject: [monit] if then else
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 13:52:34 +0000

I'm struggling to produce 2 different tests (monit 4.10)

1)
if a device (/dev/ttyUSB1) is present I need to create a file, if not
I need to delete a file

sounds simple but there does not seem to be a test for simple
existance of the device,
or treating it as a file sith a start & stop, I run into an issue
where it does a restart, ie both start & stop actions.

2) I need to test for the existance of a specific interface on the
machine (specifically ones named ppp)
and also create or delete a file
The best I have managed so far is to test for a host that should be on
the other end of that interface but I can't get the
if-then-else systax to work so the second part "create if it is
present" deosn't happen