[monit] hostheader syntax error

From: Naoya Nakazawa
Subject: [monit] hostheader syntax error
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 23:01:33 +0900

Hi,

I use monit version 5.1.
I use hostheader option for httpd service, then I got a hostheader syntax error
on CentOS.

My monit configuration code is below,

check process httpd with pidfile /var/run/httpd/httpd.pid
      start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start"
      stop program = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
      if failed port 80 protocol http
         and request "/" hostheader "example.com"
         with timeout 2 seconds for 2 cycles
         then restart

$ sudo monit -Iv
/etc/monit.d/httpd:9: Error: syntax error 'hostheader'
/etc/monit.d/httpd:9: Warning: check system service not defined -- adding
virtual service 'check system example.com' '"/"'

Why?

Thank you,
Naoya Nakazawa