Re: [monit] Recommendations

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: Re: [monit] Recommendations
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 18:06:30 +0100

Hi,
you better limit report process using pam_limits .

$> man limits.conf

and stay monit living it's life...

Hi,

I regularly have Monit reporting errors of services (SSH and VNC) on a remote machine while this machine is running a report. This report generation obviously stresses the remote machine so that it responds with a bigger delay than normal. I'm already running the report with "nice -n 19" so there is nothing I can do to make the report itself "nicer" (from my point of view).

I would like to get some recommendations on how to deal with this so I don't get any email when this happens (normally on Sunday between 23:00 and 23:50). What would be the best "strategy"?

- Disable monitoring during that time?

- set the "cycles" higher?

- set the timeout higher

- something else?