[monit] User defined checks

From: Venkat Yekkirala
Subject: [monit] User defined checks
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 15:24:47 -0600 (CST)

Hello,

I am trying to find a way to have monit look for a "*.failed" file in the
directories "/a/*/" and alert me if it ever does find a file like that.

I have gone over the monit man page and I see info on "check subdirectory"
and "exec" statements, but haven't been able to figure out a way to check
for the existence of "*.failed" in "/a/*/" directories.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

venkat