[monit] Subject: Disabling timing out to "not monitored"

From: David Bristow
Subject: [monit] Subject: Disabling timing out to "not monitored"
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 13:09:40 -0500

We are using monit to make sure that certain services are running at all times.

We came across a situation where a service being monitored by monit
gave the monit status: "not monitored". From our understanding there
are two ways for this to occur:
1) Someone stops the service or "unmonitors" the service
2) monit has difficulty starting a service, or keeping a service
running; IE: it tries a number of times and then "gives up" and stops
monitoring the service

Can someone please confirm our understanding, and let me know how to
disable option #2. (timing out to state of "not monitored")

Thank you very much for your help.

--
David Bristow <address@hidden>