Re: [monit] different monitor params for different daily periods

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] different monitor params for different daily periods
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 22:18:40 +0100

Currently it is not possible to set time-dependend watermarks. You can define
two service check entries and enable/disable monitoring from cron like this:

monitrc:
--8<--
 check file mylog-00-04 with path ...

 check file mylog-04-24 with path ...
--8<--

crontab:
--8<--
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/monit unmonitor mylog-04-24
0 0 * * * /usr/bin/monit monitor mylog-00-04
0 4 * * * /usr/bin/monit unmonitor mylog-00-04
0 4 * * * /usr/bin/monit monitor mylog-04-24
--8<--

Each service check can have different limits and cron will simply turn off/on
monitoring at given time.