[monit] empty pidfile

From: Dan Urist
Subject: [monit] empty pidfile
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 11:29:43 -0700

I have a daemon process I'm trying to monitor that will occasionally
die uncleanly, leaving behind a zero-length pidfile. When this
happens, monit logs "Error reading pid from file" and won't attempt to
restart the process. Since monit never runs the init script for the
daemon, there is no way to clean up the zero-length pidfile. Is there
any workaround for this? I'm using monit v. 5.0.3.

--
Dan Urist
address@hidden