[monit] cpu usage check skipped (initializing)... always stuck at initi

From: Joshua Smith
Subject: [monit] cpu usage check skipped (initializing)... always stuck at initializing
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 21:44:58 -0800

Hello everyone, running debian lenny x64 monit seems unable to determine the cpu usage of any process, no matter what process i try to montitor (apache, srcds_i686) it returns cpu usage check skipped (initializing) or total cpu usage check skipped (initializing) the result is always (initializing). I have tried running as root or as user, i tried the package maintainers version, then compiled 5.0.3 and got the same result. Any help is greatly appreciated as this has been driving me up the wall.