Re: [monit] about mail server error in monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] about mail server error in monit
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 11:14:57 +0100

If your mailserver running on the same machine stops to accept connections or timeouts, you can use external mailserver (not localhost) to prevent this and deliver mail immediately. If delay is no problem, then you can enable event queue in Monit which will make Monit to retry alert delivery.

For example:

  set eventqueue basedir /var/monit

More details in Monit manual: