[monit] help with postfix configuration

From: Jack S
Subject: [monit] help with postfix configuration
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 04:35:37 -0500

Hello All,

I am trying to configure the postfix monitoring for my servers, but
since i'm not that familiar with monit have hit a snag.

I have a web server which only emails out so port 25 is off from the outside.

I think the only way to check that postfix is running on those boxes
is to see if the pid file is there, but i'm not sure how to do it.

I was thinking something like this:
check process postfix with pidfile /var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid
   group mail
   start program = "/usr/sbin/postfix start"
   stop  program = "/usr/sbin/postfix stop"
#   if failed host 208.244.164.7 port 25 protocol smtp then restart
#   if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
   depends on postfix_pid

 check file postfix_pid with path /var/spool/postfix/pid/master.pid

But I only need to see if the file is there since I cant check via the
port, and my attempts don't work.

Any suggestions appreciated.

--
Thanks!