[monit] getting different OS versions of monit to report to mmonit

From: Jack S
Subject: [monit] getting different OS versions of monit to report to mmonit
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 14:15:03 -0500

Hello All,

New to monit and mmonit so here it goes.

I have 2 servers running monit CentOS release 5.4 and they are working
as well as reporting to the mmonit server.
on a server running CentOS release 4.8, I compiled monit-5.0.3 (
latest version from site ), but when I try to run it to post to the
mmonit server it says:

Starting Process Monitor (monit): /etc/monit.conf:71: Error: syntax
error 'mmonit'

like if it's not compatible or something..

Any ideas?

Thanks!

--
Thanks!