Re: [monit] Username generating "syntax error"

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Username generating "syntax error"
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 13:11:17 +0100

The "hostname" option has to be past username/password ... just  change the configuration like this:

  set mailserver 127.0.0.1
    username "address@hidden"
    password "blahblah"
    using hostname "example.com"

On Nov 13, 2009, at 10:05 PM, A S wrote:

I'm trying to get monit working with username/password authentication for the alert e-mails. I'm using the following configuration, but when I try to start monit it throws up a syntax error at "username":

set mailserver 127.0.0.1
     using hostname “example.com”
     username address@hidden
     password “blahblah”

I'm not using SSL, just username/password. Do I have to use SSL to use username/password? Or am I missing something else?

I am running monit 5.0 installed from source on CentOS 5.

Many thanks,
Andrew S.