RE: [monit] Monit believes web service is up even when it is not

From: Balcoes
Subject: RE: [monit] Monit believes web service is up even when it is not
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 10:57:21 +0200

Hi

>How is monit to know what service to restart without a PID?  It needs that information in order to restart.

>I don't know how Domino works, but there is most likely a parent thread that you can look at to

>figure out if its running or not.

Everything is handled by the Domino /etc/init.d/domino init script. It keeps track of the processed to be killed and started. But this caused another problem to surface (Monit won’t pass ‘restart’ to the init script). Please see my other post I posted recently.

>Perhaps there would also be some clues as to what monit is doing/trying to do in the log files?

This problem is solved. I misinterpreted the Monit status page as it states “online with all services” until the service has failed the configured number of times.