Re: [monit] problem sending alerting message from monit

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] problem sending alerting message from monit
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 03:38:10 +0100

On 27. okt. 2009, at 03.32, address@hidden wrote:

I have tried to set event queue.
But I find that the directory /var/monit/does not exist in the system.

Is it fine if I just create that directory myself before in set the event queue in the monit control file?

Sure, just go ahead and create the directory before starting Monit. Make sure though that the user you use to start monit can write to the directory, unless you start monit as root.