Re: [monit] http server could not create a server socket at port 2812 --

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: Re: [monit] http server could not create a server socket at port 2812 -- No such file or directory
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2009 14:54:22 +0200

Mark Beattie a écrit :
Yeah, definitely no zombie processes, and starting/stopping it using an init.d script as root.

There's always some stake holder who asks "but what happens if the monitor dies?", to which the usual response is <face-palm> :)

I faced another issue in past while changing from src compiled to debian
package :

monitrc was not in same directory.

Debian package look for
/etc/monitrc

While my config was in
/etc/monit/monitrc

So I needed to create a /etc/monitrc with a simple include of
/etc/monit/monitrc .

Have a look that you are loading the right monitrc.

--
Salutations - Best regards - mit freundlichen Grüssen