[monit] First steps and 'not' keyword

From: Alan AZZERA
Subject: [monit] First steps and 'not' keyword
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 01:12:17 +0200

Hello.

I'm new to Monit, thus I'm new on this list. I googled, searched in
the archives, but I did't find any clue for solving my problem. I'm
using Debian Etch (will be soon upgraded to Lenny), and there's a
clause in my monitrc preventing Monit to start :
set alert address@hidden not { instance }

I always get an error in syslog :
 Sep 16 00:32:08 xxxxxx monit: /etc/monit/monitrc:85: Error: syntax error 'not'

It seems weird, since the keyword 'not' is officially supported by
Monit, according to the manual. 'but not' is not much appreciated too,
since the syntax error is now on 'but'. Without any restriction, Monit
works like a charm !

On Etch, Monit's version is 4.8.1.

Thank you in advance for your patience an answers, I apologize in
advance if I missed something obvious...

Best regards,

Al.