Re: [monit] Restarting Apache from Monit

From: Eric Pailleau
Subject: Re: [monit] Restarting Apache from Monit
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 14:58:12 +0200

Amit Gupta 15 a écrit :
Hi All,
I have installed monit in our environment from a user X. And I want to monitor Apache and restart the Apache, if there is no response. Apache is running from root.

Are you sure Apache allow root start ????

Even yes, it is not a good idea for obvious security reason.

Rather use a " /bin/su - USER_X -c ..." to start Apache under USER_X user.

regards