Re: [monit] Monitor host only at day

From: Thorsten Kampe
Subject: Re: [monit] Monitor host only at day
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 00:26:21 +0200

* Martin Pala (Wed, 9 Sep 2009 22:39:14 +0200)

> On Sep 9, 2009, at 11:07 AM, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> > -- so it does have any effect. Then I tried unmonitoring
"remotehost"
> > via the web interface and it worked perfectly
>
> This is strange ... are you sure you typed the service name correctly?

I've done a network trace. This is part of the request done via the web
interface:
..<service>remotehost</service>
..<type>4</type>
..<group></group>
..<id>131072</id>
..<state>2</state>
..<action>1</action>
..<message>monitor action done</message>
.</event>
</monit>

So it looks like the service name is in fact "remotehost". So "monit
unmonitor remotehost" should unmonitor but it doesn't. In fact any of
the service names doesn't do anything. Even with a nonsense name. Monit
just returns without any error message and does nothing.

Thorsten