Re: [monit] Services for rule missing

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Services for rule missing
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 08:43:11 +0200

On Sep 8, 2009, at 11:24 PM, Thorsten Kampe wrote:

* Martin Pala (Tue, 8 Sep 2009 22:47:40 +0200)
the service names are currently added when event for given service is
received.

Not really sure what that means. The services that don't show up are
"check host" services on an ESXi host and a SmoothWall VM.

Why would the M/Monit host not receive events for those when it received
events for exactly the same services on another ESXi host and another
SmoothWall VM? And how could I trigger that M/Monit receives event for
those so that they show up?

If the same service name was running on different host and some fault/ recovery events were generated by Monit and received by M/Monit, the service will show up.

In next release we'll fix M/Monit to maintain full service names list for rules (not only those for which events occurred).