Re: [monit] MySQL: connection failed

From: Jan-Henrik Haukeland
Subject: Re: [monit] MySQL: connection failed
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 07:49:46 +0200

On 18. aug.. 2009, at 07.16, Ramon Tayag wrote:

But I'm unable to monitor it (connection failed to 127.0.0.1:3306
[DEFAULT via TCP]), and I don't know why.

I would guess that this is because MySQL is setup to use unix sockets instead of TCP. If so, you can rewrite the test and monitor the unix socket instead:

check process mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
  group database
  start program = "/etc/init.d/mysqld start"
  stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysqld stop"
  if failed unixsocket tmp/mysql.sock then restart
  if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout