Re: [monit] Monitor mounts with monit

From: Roman
Subject: Re: [monit] Monitor mounts with monit
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 13:49:53 +0300

I can read Eric.

I tried the automount and haven't any success. I solved the issue with
monit in the end with this:

check file OnExternalDrive with path /data/usb/monit/file
    start = "/bin/mount /dev/sdd1"
    stop = "/bin/umount /dev/sdd1"
    if failed checksum then start

may be it will be useful for someone else.

2009/8/4 Eric Pailleau <address@hidden>:
> Roman a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> This is not that I really need, I need my mount to stay mounted all
>> the time, and if it accidentally unmounts or becomes unavailable I
>> need it remounted back.
>
> Read my lips : "the master map allowing them to be automatically mounted
> when accessed"
>
> automount will mount it when a process whant to access the mount point, so
> when it accidentally
> (or due to inactivity) unmount, any access (including monit) will mount the
> mount point.
>
> If a real failure occurs, you should better test presence of a generic file
> on the mountpoint with monit.
>
> check file mount.ref with path /mnt/mymount/.mount.ref
>        start = " ... "
>

> Extracted from monit doc :
> _______________________________________________________________________________________
> # CHECK FILE <unique name> PATH <path>
>
> <path> is the absolute path to the file. If the file does not exist or
> disappeared, Monit will call the entry's start method if defined, if <path>
> does not point to a regular file type (for instance a directory), Monit will
> disable monitoring of this entry. If Monit runs in passive mode or the start
> methods is not defined, Monit will just send alerts on errors.

regards, mit freundlichen Grüßen, cu stima,
Roman Doroschevici

System Administrator
______________________________

epoint -  the technology partner

Vacarescu 7
300182 Timisoara
Romania

email: address@hidden
skype: roman.doroschevici
mobile: +40 / 745/ 560 332
fax: +40 / 256 / 407 147
www.epoint.ro

"reliable solutions. delivered."

This message and any attached files are confidential and intended
solely for the addressee(s). Any publication, transmission or other
use of the information by a person or entity other than the intended
addressee is prohibited. If you receive this in error please contact
the sender and delete the material. The sender does not accept
liability for any errors or omissions as a result of the transmission.