Re: [monit] Monit to take action if outage is still there on its n'th in

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Monit to take action if outage is still there on its n'th instance eg 4th
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 22:26:54 +0200

Hi,

you can add second test for the same service which will trigger the action, for example something like this:

check host myhost with address 10.1.2.3
  if failed icmp type echo then ...
  if failed icmp type echo for 4 cycles then ...

Martin

George wrote:
Hi there,

I have been using monit to monitor my network, whenever there is a network outage i have configured it to send sms alerts for action. However the network has really grown and as thus I sometimes get excess alerts. Sometimes the links failures passes the third or fourth test.

What I wanted to know is if there is a way I can set monit to send alerts if the link outage is still there in for instance the fourth run. I run monit as a daemon with interval of about 300 secs. In this case I would expect monit to take the defined action if the outage is still there in its fourth instance.

Warm regards
George