RE: [monit] Monit on SLES 10.2

From: Hartman, Jerome
Subject: RE: [monit] Monit on SLES 10.2
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 13:44:42 -0500

Hello.

I am still in need of assistance with the below problem configuring monit to run and monitor processes on SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10.2 (SLES 10.2) any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have downloaded and successfully installed Monit on SLES 10.2 I am trying to setup the package to start monitoring my server and can not find any example configurations or documentation on line for SLES 10 could you please point me in the right direction on the configuration file (monitrc) or where I can find documentation.  If someone has set up Monit on SLES 10.2 before could also please assist me.

I am currently running Monit on CentOS 5 and I love the program it is a awesome tool and I want to keep using it if it is able to run on SLES 10.2.  Thank you in advance for all your assistance.

Thank you,

Jerome Hartman Sr.

Data Protection Sr. Engineer

ACS: Encryption Services

Office Phone 1 (214) 841-8358

Cell Phone 1 (469) 364-4235

is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and

privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, or distribution

is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by