Re: [monit] using alert and exec for the same event

From: Brendan Martens
Subject: Re: [monit] using alert and exec for the same event
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 19:56:23 -0400

Great, thanks.

Brendan Martens

On May 11, 2009, at 5:20 PM, Martin Pala wrote:

The exec action sends alert by default as well ... you don't need to alert action to exec in order to get email.

Martin

Brendan Martens wrote:
The monit manual states "*EXEC* can be used to execute an arbitrary program /and/ send an alert." however, I don't see an example of how this works, and my simple attempts produce errors from monit. The things I have tried are like "if event then alert and exec "script"" or "if event then exec "script" and alert", but all I get are errors from monit when I try to reload it.
Does anyone know how this is supposed to work?
Brendan Martens