Re: [monit] Character Limit in Start | Stop Program Directive?

From: Christopher Opena
Subject: Re: [monit] Character Limit in Start | Stop Program Directive?
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:14:18 -0700

Damien, thanks for the suggestion.  I tried the following while su'ed to root after executing your monit emulation script:

# /bin/bash -c 'cd /path/to/the/script; LOCAL_VAR=cd /path/to/the/script/my_script start -d'

The above failed with the message '/usr/bin/env: ruby: No such file or directory' (which makes sense).  Since I'm actually doing the Start directive as uid 'my__uid', I tested it with a su while logged in as root:

# su - my__uid -c "/bin/bash -c 'cd /path/to/the/script; LOCAL_VAR=cd /path/to/the/script/my_script start -d'"

The above worked just fine.  Are you thinking that perhaps executing the directive with the 'as uid my__uid and gid my__gid' is not working properly?

Thanks again,
-Chris.