Re: [monit] M|Monit Upgrade From Beta 6

From: Matt Provenzale
Subject: Re: [monit] M|Monit Upgrade From Beta 6
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 20:28:09 -0600

Thanks for everyone's help. It was actually both solutions that fixed the problem.

I'm not sure if there was upgrade instructions anywhere, but you might want to include them and make them easier to find.

Thanks!

Martin Pala wrote:
Hi,

it seems that you have no sqlite3 installed ... sqlite3 is required for the upgrade script.

You can add it using:

  sudo apt-get install sqlite3

Cheers,
Martin

On Mar 5, 2009, at 5:11 AM, Matt Provenzale wrote:

Hey,

I'm trying to upgrade from M|Monit Beta 6 to the latest (7b). Whenever I run the upgrade script, I get this output:

> Copying database /usr/local/tmp/mmonitold/db/mmonit.db to /usr/local/mmonit/upgrade/db/mmonit.db ... cp: cannot create regular file `./db/': Is a directory
> done
> Upgrading database scheme ... ./upgrade-beta6-beta7.sh: 442: sqlite3: not found
> done

I'm not a Linux expert, but I'm pretty sure there's an error in this line:

>[17] cp $MMONIT_OLD/db/mmonit.db ./db/

I'm running Ubuntu 8.04 and downloaded mmonit from here:
http://mmonit.com/dist/mmonit-2.0_beta7b-linux-x86.tar.gz

So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!