Re: [monit] state file persistence

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] state file persistence
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 18:11:45 +0100

yes

Nick Upson wrote:
My service definitions don't use "mode manual" anyway.

so if the statefile is not present when monit starts it will assume a
"monitor all" state?

2009/2/25 Martin Pala <address@hidden>:
Then just don't use "mode manual" in service configuration and you can also
set the statefile to /tmp/ filesystem ... it will guarantee that the
services will be monitored always on server start.

Nick Upson wrote:
I think I overcomplicated my explanation,

I need to shutdown and restart the entire (fedora 8) system such that
all processes controlled by monit are always monitored and started by
monit when it restarts, this is from manual command, power failure or
anything else.