[monit] Monit causes "Aborted_connects" in mysql ?

From: jenaimepaslesspam
Subject: [monit] Monit causes "Aborted_connects" in mysql ?
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 13:33:41 +0900

Hi !

I'm new with monit and find it just great.

But here is a minor problem that I found and I couldn't get any relevant information about it.

I set up local mysql server to be checked as above

# check MySQL
check process mysql with pidfile /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
group database
start program = "/etc/init.d/mysql start"
stop program = "/etc/init.d/mysql stop"
if failed host localhost port 3306 protocol mysql then restart
if 5 restarts within 5 cycles then timeout
#
End check MySQL

It works fine but
every time monit launch this check I've got an "Aborted_connects" error in Mysql. The server is on, so no alert neither restart is done by monit, so that's OK.

But, Mysql "Aborted_connects" is a good indication on break attempts, so I'd like to keep this value clear of monit's noise.

Does anybody had this problem before ? Is there a way avoid monit to cause aborted connections ?

Thanks for anybody help or tips,

Fab