[monit] Problem with compiling monit from sources.

From: Krzysztof Retel
Subject: [monit] Problem with compiling monit from sources.
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 10:30:50 +0000

Hi All,

I have a server with running Ubuntu 8.04 with default installation of Monit 4.8.1. This version of Monti doesn't seem to support a configuration for checking processes with a delay, i.e.,

check process apache with pidfile /var/run/httpd.pid
start program = "/etc/init.d/httpd start" with timeout 60 seconds
stop program = "/etc/init.d/httpd stop"
if failed port 80 then restart
if failed port 443 with timeout 15 seconds then restart

This piece of code is taken from the manual. I was advised to use the latest version of Monit. So I downloaded that and started to compile. It compiled but didn't build Makefile. I can only see Makefile.in, which is by default in the untarr'ed package.
What do I do wrong? It looks like I have all tools to compile it (according to README.DEVELOPER).

BTW, I did download version 4.10, and still have the same problem.

Will appreciate any help and suggestions.

Cheers,
Krzysztof