RE: [monit] Starting monit from rc script

From: Gilad Benjamini
Subject: RE: [monit] Starting monit from rc script
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 15:32:56 -0800

Using 5.0_beta6, every command line operation with monit yields a message in
/var/log/message "Cleartext credentials needed for basic authorization"

My configuration file uses no authorization
        set httpd port 2812 and
             use address localhost  # only accept connection from localhost
             allow localhost        # allow localhost to connect to the
server and
        #     allow admin:monit      # require user 'admin' with password
'monit'

If I understand the code correctly, the 4.10 code would identify this
situation early in Util_getBasicAuthHeaderMonit and return immediately,
while the 5.0-beta doesn't.
I.e. the message doesn't matter for me, functionally.

If I don't understand the code correctly, what is the problem ?

Thanks
Gilad