[monit] REQUEST: give error on unknown services

From: Aleksander Kamenik
Subject: [monit] REQUEST: give error on unknown services
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 13:24:07 +0200

Hi,

This has bothered me for quite a long time. If I make a typo on the command line like:

monit unmonitor apace

instead of 'apache', monit doesn't tell me. It even exits with return code 0. Is there a special reason for this?

If not, I'd really like it to give me an error like 'apace unknown' and exit with code 1, so I could do something like:

monit stop apace && cp newconf /etc/apache/httpd.conf && monit start apache

and it would not go beyond the first command.

Aleksander Kamenik
System Administrator
Krediidiinfo AS
an Experian Company