Re: [monit] Multiple Monit Processes on One Server

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Multiple Monit Processes on One Server
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 08:17:12 +0100

Yes, it can.

Each monit instance generates unique persistent id which is used to pair the particular monit with given host entry in M/Monit, so each monit instance will have the it's own host entry in M/Monit.

You just need to separate configuration files and set pidfile and idfile for each instance (in case multiple instances on the same host are used):

For example:
  set pidfile /var/monit_1.pid
  set idfile /var/monit_1.id