Re: [monit] MONIT_DESCRIPTION returning old description not new one

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] MONIT_DESCRIPTION returning old description not new one
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 20:27:45 +0100

The fix should be relatively easy ... the problem is, that the MONIT_DESCRIPTION returns currently error described by first s->eventlist list member.

This is wrong ... the eventlist is list of all events which occurred and is used as state history. The eventlist provides information about frequency of given error and supports the logic which changes state only when given error rate is matched. Some of these events may thus be inactive, some of them active.

In order to get correct information the handle_action() in event.c should call the control_service() with event as additional argument. It will allow to get the correct description of the error which is set in set_monit_environment(). See event.c for how event engine works and control.c + spawn.c for program execution.

We're very busy now, so if you want to give it a stab it will help, patches are welcomed :)

Martin

index one wrote:
Thanks for the info,
Anything that I can do to help / check?
Is it an easy fix / likely to be fixed soon?
Maybe if you could point me in the right direction I could look at
fixing myself / getting someone to fix it and submit a patch.

Thanks for your help,
John