Re: [monit] check file - if missing to do XX? possible?

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] check file - if missing to do XX? possible?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 18:50:09 +0100

The limitation where Monit required monitored file to exist on Monit start was removed in upcoming Monit 5.0, you can get the last beta here (note that the beta is production stable):
http://mmonit.com/monit/dist/beta/

If the file doesn't exist, Monit executes automatically the start program => everything you need to do is define the start program like this:

  check file with path /home/thisfile.txt
    start program = "/path/to/my/script"

Martin