Re: [monit] Using Monit with Linux HA

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Using Monit with Linux HA
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2008 23:38:52 +0100

Yes ... in your case if you want all services to be running on all nodes all the time, the configuration will be very simple since you don't need to use the manual monitoring mode for monit.

Heartbeat will manage only the IP failover, Monit will watch all services in active monitoring mode (which is default) as if the node is not clustered.

Martin

Adams, Randee S (Randee) wrote:
I want to set up Linux HA with MONIT but I would like to set up an active/hot standby configuration. To support hot standby I want to keep the services on the standby node running. Only the active would have the virtual IP. If I read the MONIT section on heartbeat it seems to assume that the standby services would not be started, and kept running until they are designated to be active. Is there a way to keep everything running yet still maintain the concept of an active node?