Re: [monit] Can't use hb_standby in monit

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Can't use hb_standby in monit
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 22:21:22 +0100

Please run monit in verbose mode (-v option) and check output (logfiles).

Martin

On Nov 4, 2008, at 7:38 PM, Vianney Lejeune wrote:

Hello,

I really don't understand why it doesn't work. I tried many tutorials, read and reread the manual but I'm always unable to do something, this is a sample of my monitrc file:

=======
check process apache2_webserver with pidfile /var/run/apache2.pid
  depends on mysql_DBserver, heartbeat
  start program = "/etc/init.d/apache2 start"
  stop program  = "/etc/init.d/apache2 stop"
if failed host 127.0.0.1 port 80 protocol http for 4 times within 4 cycles then exec "/usr/lib/heartbeat/hb_standby"
  group wwwdata
  mode manual
=====

I know that hb_standby works, but I'm unable to trigger anything with this configuration, I replaced " exec "/usr/lib/heartbeat/ hb_standby" " by unmonitor, timeout and so. Nothing is triggered. I'm just looking for a working configuration using the hb_standby based on a connection test, I wonder if something isn't wrong with monit on my system.

Regards,
Vianney