Re: Antw: [monit] Monit starts too early at system startup

From: Scott Storck
Subject: Re: Antw: [monit] Monit starts too early at system startup
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 11:12:33 +0100

Hi Vianney,

>> The "local" service should always startup last as far as I know, so
>> here is a little trick I use.
>> I do this on SuSE and Gentoo by editing the startup init file to
>> tell init that the start script requires that the service local is
>> started.
>
> Could you tell me how to achieve this ?

With gentoo add "need local" do the depend block in /etc/init.d/monit.
I also had tried "need *" or "use *" like /etc/init.d/local, but at least way
back in the day it caused problems.
########SNIP########
depend() {
        need local
        use net
}
########SNIP########

With SuSE you need to add "Should-Start: $ALL" to the init info block, like
this:
########SNIP########
### BEGIN INIT INFO
# Provides: local