Re: [monit] Does not exist.. but it does.

From: Pierrick Grasland
Subject: Re: [monit] Does not exist.. but it does.
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2008 15:01:10 +0200

Sorry, I didn't check my email before.

Oops, I'm wrong here.

I'm running monit 5.0 beta 3 and when I restart the group sometimes
backgroundrb gets the "does not exist" status. => backgroundrb does not exist (not monit, like I was thinking before.)

 When I check the
processes though I see that it exists and it restarted.  When I
unmonitor than monitor again monit still tells me the process does not
exist.

Please check backgroundrb PID file. If I'm right, backgroundrb run with PID XXXX and backgroundrb PID file has PID YYYY. When monit check a process like backgroundrb, he must do something like "ps -edf | grep 'backgroundrb.pid'"
=> He doesn't find a process YYYY, so for monit, backgroundrb doesn't exist.

Please check your start / stop script, and what kind of value do you have in your pidfile. (overwrite pid file at startup)

Regards,