Re: [monit] Does not exist.. but it does.

From: Pierrick Grasland
Subject: Re: [monit] Does not exist.. but it does.
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 13:40:07 +0200

Hello,

Just thinking aloud :

Can you check monit' PID file ?

It seems to be different from monit real PID

On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Ramon Miguel M. Tayag <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi everyone.

Normally I wait to find out exactly how to replicate a problem before
I email, but unfortunately, this time, I'm unable to because it's very
inconsistent.  I'm hoping you have seen this before and know of a fix.

I'm running monit 5.0 beta 3 and when I restart the group sometimes
backgroundrb gets the "does not exist" status. When I check the
processes though I see that it exists and it restarted.  When I
unmonitor than monitor again monit still tells me the process does not
exist.

What should I do to avoid this?

Thanks!

Ramon Tayag