Re: [monit] Substituting System Variables in .monitrc

From: Martin Pala
Subject: Re: [monit] Substituting System Variables in .monitrc
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 22:09:15 +0200

Yes, the "from" mail-format option can use $HOST macro which is expanded to hostname where monit is running.

Martin

On Sep 17, 2008, at 1:02 AM, Kenneth Holcomb wrote:

I am rather new at using monit so if this question is dumb or redundant I beg forgiveness in advance.

I have a qa stack and I want to use the same control file for all of them.  In the alert message I would like to have the from: address@hidden (see below) substitute hostname in lieu of appliance.com so that the email alerts would appear as from: address@hidden where address@hidden is the hostname.

Is this possible and if so, how does one accomplish this.

.monitrc code:
set mail-format { from: address@hidden
                  subject: Service Monitor Alert -- $SERVICE $EVENT
                  message:
$SERVICE $EVENT